Wednesday, February 28, 2007

THE AMINS FAMILY HAS SHUNNED THE MEDIA FOR MORE THAN DECADES.

The Amin family has shunned the media for more than two decades, but now that a new movie Last King of Scotland has returned Idi Amin to the spotlight, Jaffar Amin wants to offer a sons perspective Dad is the only person that has ever been accused and sentenced, incarcerated by opinion without it ever reaching any court house. Jaffar Amin said calling for truth and reconiliation committee to investigate that the so called dark period in Uganda's history. Jaffar Amin is a 40 year old father of five with broad shoulders a rich baritone and a confident animated demeanor he bears a striking resemblence to his father and puntuates his conversations. Jaffar Amin says the film will compound many of the negative Images he also acknowledges that humanizing Idi Amin is a difficult battle dads image cannot be changed. Amin sighed if I bring an understanding it will be very little because he's in a compartment and getting him out of there will take it on the chin whatever they say about him. Jaffar has broken the familys vow of silence and says he is writting a book to counter his fathers reputitio. I want to show another side of our father I want to show a parent I want to show our father. Jaffar Amin said he is the 10th of Idi Amin's 40 official childrens by seven official wives. Father had quite an appetite for women he said simply its very african. The Last king of Scotland premiered in Uganda last week and goes into general release in the country Friday. Forest Whitaker, James McAvoy and director Kevin MacDonald attended the premiere along with President Yoweri Museveni. None of the Amin family attended but Jaffari Amin has since watched a DVD of the film, which is a fictionalised version of Idi Amin so called reign. A lot of the mannerism were right but the problem was the walk Forest Whitaker didn't get that My father strides and his hands would go like a paddle because of his wide shoulders whitaker is knock-kneed my father was bowlegged. Idi Amin and part of his family lived in exile in Saudi arabia some scattered all over the globe and few of the family are back in Uganda. Jaffar Amin returned to Uganda in 1990 and worked for a courrier DHL company in kampala Uganda. He now does voice over s for advertisements I'd ask dad what happen he'd look at me say people fought me I fought them but I never killed innocent people. God will be the one to judge me I urge more family members to come out and defend our Father M.Alemi Amunye Junior & family in Vancouver western Canada. Messed up details in the Amin film having watched the late Amin film which has some powerful acting I was however disappointed with it's attention to detail or lack of it. I do not remember seeing guns on TV during the early years of Amins reigns. The scene with a choir singing with gun carrying bodyguards does not fit in memory. The song Kasongo being played before the Asians were expelled it came out around 1977 why didn't Moses Matovu correct this? They know the songs they played at Jajja Villas. Tusker size beer bottles? I was in primary school but I do not remember seeing those were they trying to forge the civic beer bottle? Army jeeps with UVS number plates. Did they mean to use UVS state research cars were unmarked. Army Vehicles had UA. Reminds me of a street scene in hotel Rwanda Showing an MTN billboard there was no MTN then wrote. Amooti wamara rogerwamara@yahoo.com Again I wll air The Audio of our Father his last words conversation with me the day he felt sick before he was taken to the hospital, For all members of the family plus Fellow Ugandans. the Advice he gave me every one have th here it with their ears. From M. Alemi Amunye Junior. &. Family In Vancoucouver Western Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home